I’m a huge fan of book lists so this week we’re joining the Friday Favorites Prompts hosted by @Functionally Fictional. Special thanks to @Leah’s Books for sharing the topic on her blog today.
This week’s prompt is Funny Books! Such a great one for me to start with. I love a good book with lots of humor. Some of my picks will be funny books and some will be books that have funny moments which I enjoyed! Let’s get this started and jump right in!
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
- Serious topic broken up by the protagonists’ good humor. To date, one of the funniest books I have ever read.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Pokes fun at seriousness and is so funny it should be illegal! It’s a classic but totally timeless. It is always just as funny the 100th time as it was the very first.
- Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson
- Has many humorous moments that break up the tension. I love the banter between the characters, the cheeky moments, and the outright ridiculousness of some interactions.
- Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink & Jeffery Cranor
- Good mix of the weird and unusual mixed with the ridiculous. It’s a surreal take on the strange and the odd done in a silly way.
- Dawnshard by Brandon Sanderson
- It features The Lopen and I find him hilarious.
- Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
- Adventure dramas filled with good laughs and light humor. Butcher does a great job keeping Dresden in good humors while battling evil forces. Lots of great one liners.
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
- Middle Grade story about a silly old lady and her new friends. It’s silly and fun!
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Outrageously hilarious glimpse into the uber-rich lifestyle of pedigreed Chinese families.
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
- Completely insane and utterly funny “true” memoir of an unforgettable Vegas trip.
Be sure to subscribe to never miss a Friday Favorites post!